Introduction: (Pani is water and puri's are crispy Indian sphere bread) These puri's are served with filling and tangy water in it. They are everyone's favorite from Indian Street food. Now a days we get pani puri's all over the world.
- Maida/all-purpose flour 1/4 cup
- Urad dal flour 2 tbsps
- Ravva/semolina/sooji (very fine variety) 1 1/2 cups
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine all the mentioned ingredients (except oil for deep frying), adding water slowly and make a dough. Leave aside covered with damp cloth for 30 mts. (very imp step)
- Knead the dough again. Pinch off some dough and make very small balls. Roll out small thin roti.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel. It should be on medium high (the oil should not be piping hot) and once its hot, slide few rotis into the hot oil and using the back of the ladle, press in the center and along the edges and you will find it will puff. Flip over and fry the other side till light golden brown. Don’t fry too much as it will turns too dark. Remove on to absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air tight container and use when required.
- Half a bunch of mint
- half a bunch coriander
- 2-3 green chillies
- salt to taste
- Cumin seeds
- black salt
- fresh ginger
- red chilli powder
- mango powder
- black pepper powder
- 11/2 to 2 ltr cold water
- Blend all the Ingredients with little water first, make a paste then add remaining cold water and adjust your taste.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, dhanajeera powder and
fresh finely chopped coriander. mix well and keep aside.
- Tamarind 1 cup
- Jagger 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Dry Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
- Warm water 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Extract the pulp from tamarind.
- To tamarind pulp add jaggery, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt
- Boil potatoes peel it and chop it into small cubes
- You can use boondi for filling
- White peas soaked in water over night and then cook it in cooker
- Same you can do with sprouts
How to have pani puri
- Make a small hole in the center of the Puri
- Add a tsp of mashed boiled potato / Channa in the middle of the puri. Add a little of the red tamarind Chutney. Dip it in the spicy water / pour some spicy water in it
- Gulp it down.
Hope you all like my post